Sunday, December 30, 2012

Winter Wonderland: Snowflake Design!!

Today's manicure is inspired by the not so friendly mounds of snow outside my door. Now, I've always used to like snow. Until I had to shovel through miles of it in order to go anywhere.

But, regardless of that, if anything snow is still beautiful and I still adore it.


So snowflakes seemed like the best way to go! After all, I couldn't keep going with the Christmas designs, there were more than enough of those.


For the silver base, I used two coats of Sally Hansen's Celeb City and for the snowflakes I used white acrylic paint and a striping brush. It's the first time I actually use acrylic paint for designs and so far I have some torn ideas in regards to it. It's perfect for little details I suppose.


I finished it up with silver and blue glequins in the centre of the snowflakes to add a little something special to it and topped all that off with 2 coats of Revlon's Quick Dry Topcoat.


I really like the contrast between the silver and the white, though on some lights it all looks like the same tone. Nothing like snow on your nails to enjoy the winter!

Hope your Holidays are going well!! Do you have any favourite winter activities?? 

ETA: I've been playing around with the template for this blog, what do you guys think? I like this one better, but I might try my hand at custom creating something too. Who knows?!

No comments:

Post a Comment