Thursday, December 6, 2012

Black Velvet Manicure

Right, so I've been pretty bad about updating this, and I'm really sorry about that. I've had a 18 paper due and as you can imagine that is a not a pretty thing to do. But now that's done!

And at the best time as well, I just got a new package from Born Pretty Store!!

Over the next days I'll probably be posting some stuff from there, onto tonight's post: Velvet Nails!!



So this is something that's been going around in the nail world lately and at first I didn't really know what to think about, but then I decided I might as well try it, it did look cool. 


I bought my kit from Born Pretty store, and it came with a little brush and a metal clamp thingy to grab the powder.


This manicure is STUPIDLY easy and FAST to do, I was super impressed!! My base colour was Black Heart from Sally Hansen, and then over that I put a coat of Top Coat Diamond Strength also from Sally Hansen. Mostly because one coat of the black was already dense enough and I figured it didn't matter that much. 


The velvet comes in the container showed above, but it's actually pretty big and I feel like this is going to last me for a very long time! Basically you paint your nail with a 2nd coat (I recommend doing this one nail at a time), dump it into the pot, you can use the little clamp to dab some onto the sides and then just brush it off.  That easy!


And of course, since me being me, and because this was also something else I had also gotten from Born Pretty, I added a stud design to my accent nail over the velvet. I haven't seen that before, but so far it's working pretty well, just dab a lot of topcoat under it. 


The studs come in a plastic little baggie and there's so many of them! The studs themselves come in different sizes that you can pick for and you can buy them from Born Pretty for $5,75 and they are pretty small, as you can see on the picture below.


Have YOU ever tried Velvet Nails?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment