Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Cirque du Soleil Inspired Look - Part 1: Eyeshadow!!

Hey guys!

So I know it's been a while, but classes are officially over and I'm officially on Holidays!! ...Which of course, implies that I'm mostly free, yet still have to deal with some work-related e-mails at times.

But the good news is that I'm home for Christmas, and I actually have nothing to do but see friends, get fat, and come up with creative ways to update this blog. On that note, here's something I haven't done before, and while I intend this blog to be mainly about nails, every once in a while if I do something I'm proud of, I'll add it here.

I don't recall if I mentioned it or not, but I went to see Amaluna, the Cirque performance, and I decided to get creative with my nails and my makeup! I'll post the nails in a next post, I'm very excited about them, so I'll hold off just a tiiiiiiny bit longer.


I decided to go wild on colours, because A) I LOVE colours, and B) Cirque is one of the few places you can actually wear colours and not get strange looks.


I was fortuante enough to have a bunch of random eyeshadows around, enough that I could create a semi-rainbow look. This probably took way longer than it should have, but I REALLY enjoyed the results and maybe I'll bring myself to wearing it on a more day-to-day basis?

I'm not really one for bold eyeshadows to begin with, so I liked going out of my comfort zone. There's also supposed to be a silver glitter eyeliner, but you can't really tell. It's hard to take good pictures of your eyes!



Here's the final result, please ignore my "Oh, so serious!" face. But I really enjoyed how it turned out. I was inspired but a look I saw on Very Emily's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment