Sunday, December 23, 2012

Hanging Glequins Ornaments

Merry Christmas Eve Eve!! Since this holiday spirits are inching closer and closer, it should come as no surprise that my designs lately are more Christmasey based. After all, when else can I use and abuse of the red, green and silver?! 



Today's post was inspired by a whole lot of glequins! Since I'm at my parents house, I was sadly force to bring only a couple of my polishes with me, and almost nothing of my accessories. That being said, I had just gotten Glequins from Born Pretty Store and I decided that's what I was going to be playing with.

 I initially almost did a tree, funny enough, the same thing that Sammy from The Nailasaurs did on her nails, that was a crazy coincidence! But changed at the last minute for ornaments instead. I re-did this manicure maybe too many times and am still not 100% satisfied.

The base is China Glaze Cranberry Splash, which to me is my go-to Christmas red, it's just a magnificent colour! It's also my go-to femme fatale red, I can't get over the shade.  This was 2 coats for full opacity. After that, I dabbed on topcoat and started applying the glequins. I then used Sally Hansen's Celeb City and a striping brush for the ornament hangers and finished that off with a couple of coats of Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat.

 My accent nail and my thumb took way too long, and I decided that while I like the loko of the whole nail in glequins, it's still kinda a pain to apply them. But I really liked how the accent nail turned out!

Merry Christmas Eve Eve again, are YOU excited for the holidays?!



No comments:

Post a Comment