Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Yin Mood Colour Changing Polish!!

Hey guys, today I want to talk to you about this super cool polish by Yin Mood that CHANGES COLOURS depending on the temperature!! You can get it a Born Pretty Store for $7.84 and in different shades. Today I'm going to be talking about the Purple/Sky Blue one.



This is the polish on its own, it's really easy to apply, the brush and the consistency of it are really good. This is 2 coats, the first one was rather streaky and fairly see-through, but once the second one was on it looked great.


 It originally dries rather matte, but I applied Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat on it. At first I was worried that applying top-coat would mean it wouldn't work as well, but the top coat doesn't interfere at all.


It's actually a really beautiful shade of purple. This is the colour it changes too when it's cold. Now, my fingers are always cold, so this is the colour I see most of the time when I wear this.


And here it is after I dunked it in hot water! Excuse the fact that my fingers are still wet, the change is so instant that if I dired my fingers they would start changing to purple right away - yes my hands are that cold!! 


It's a nice baby-blue colour and I'm a little sad that they don't last on my fingers all that long.


Here's a contrast between the two colours, I had just dipped the tips of my nail into hot water and you can see how different they are. This polish is SO COOL and I spent way too long dipping it in and creating some random designs. 

I was always rather wary about colour changing polishes, since I never knew if they actually worked, but this one is AMAZING!! It's so instant and so awesome that I even made a video to show you guys how it is. 
(Sorry for the out of focus moments! - Click on HD to watch it clearer!) 


Oh, and on a finishing note, for those wondering 'what the hell?' was on my fingers that they were orange, here's a picture of my full hand; Henna!! Like I mentioned in my previous post, that's what I've been playing with lately and this is my first attempt at it. It's not nearly as perfect as the original ones, but hey, that's how you learn, right?? 


Do you have any favourite colour changing polishes?? 

2 comments: