Thursday, May 9, 2013

Splatter Nails!!

Today's Nail art is inspired by an awesome design and tutorial I saw on Nails by Kayla Shevonne's blog. When I saw it I knew I just had to do it, not only is it perfect for Summer, but it's also a really good  way to use some of Zoya's Cutie Collection polishes.

Without further ado; Splatter Nails!!



I started off with 2 coats of Sally Hansen White Out as my base, let that dry for a bit and then proceeded to add the splatters with a dotting tool, using Kayla's tutorial


For the splatters I used Audrina (orange), Pippa (yellow), Happi (blue) all from Zoya's Color Cuties Collection, as well as Lo which I mixed with China Glaze's Cranberry Splash (red) and Zuza which I mixed with Defying Gravity (green), also from China Glaze. I ended up mixing those last two because I really wanted the colours to pop and that added an extra tinge to them. I used a dotting tool.


Topped it off with 2 coats of Revlon's Quick Dry!! I've managed to dent my thumb which annoys me a bit, but oh well, apart from that I'm completely in love with this look! I'm really into rainbows and this one just is the absolute perfect Summer look. I also just really like the idea of splatters and think there are endless combinations that can be made with it.


Hope you all are having a great start of Summer, what would your splatter combo be??


No comments:

Post a Comment