Monday, May 13, 2013

Ciaté's Chalkboard Manicure Launch

Hey guys, I know it's been a while. My family and I  just got back from a road-trip to Prince Edward Island! I have a thing for Anne of Green Gables, and so for Mother's Day we figured that would be the perfect place to go spend a long weekend!

But now I'm back and I can't wait to post some cool nail art designs, but first I was wondering if anyone knew anything about Ciaté's Chalkboard Manicure kit that they're supposed to be releasing next month or so?


One of my friends pointed it out to me and I thought it was a really awesome concept! I've been reading some stuff about it, and from what I gathered here's what's it all about.

- It comes with a Black Matte base, a Matte top coat, and 4 "chalk like" pens;
 white, pink, blue and yellow. (As pictured above).

 - The concept is that you paint your nails with the black polish,
then wait until it's completely dry, after that, you can paint away with the pens!

- But here's the fun part, if you happen to mess up, just dunk them in water
 and the pens fade away - like chalk!

- If you like the designs, then use the top coat to seal it all in!

You can buy it from Sephora.com here for $25.00.

As for consistency  I've heard that it chips quite easily, sometimes not even lasting more than 24hrs. But it's very user friendly, despite the pen tips being slightly thick.

Now, it looks like a really awesome concept, but then again, do I really want to spend $25 on something for a look that I could easily achieve myself with other means? Maybe if I could try it out first.

Totally sold on the concept, not so much for the price. What about you guys? Thoughts? Ideas? Places where I could possibly get this cheaper? ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment