Friday, November 23, 2012

Cirque du Soleil Worlds Away 3D - Swatch Post!!

Hey guys, I'm really excited about today's post because my China Glaze - Cirque du Soleil "World's Away 3D" polishes have finally arrived!!!!!! I can't tell you how much I've been waiting for them and when they arrived I may or may not have giggled like a little girl.

Pretty sure I was judged by my mail guy.

But regardless!! Below are the swatches of the 5 polishes I got; It's a Trap-eze, Whirled Away, Running In Circles, Water You Waiting For and Get Carried Away!!

This is my first attempt at swatching things on my nails. Please don't judge me too badly. =P




It's A Trap-Eze! To say this is glitter-packed is an understatement, this polish is full of different sized glitters, from what I can tell there's yellow, orange, green, light blue, magenta, some silver ones and white. It's all in a white sheer base. Here I have it layered over Sally Hansen White On, they're all one coat, except for my ring finger which is 2. I'm pretty sure you could get full opacity if you did 2-3 coats.

I really liked it, I'm not usually that fond of glitter, but I think this is a really cool fun one, especially for parties and just days when you want a little colour on your nails! Application was really great, I didn't even have to fight for the glitters to come out. Removing it is just like any other glitter polish. 




Water You Waiting For -  There are no words to describe how much I'm in love with this polish. It's just amazing. It's basically really fine glitter, mostly tons of blue, greens, I also think there's purple somewhere in there. It's the most beautiful colour combination ever! You can't tell really well in the pictures, but every time you move your fingers different hues come up. 

Seriously, it's my favourite out of all the ones I got. I didn't want to take it off my nails after! This was 2 coats, application was a breeze, the polish flowed really nice and smoothly onto your nail. It dries rather  bumpy, because of all the glitter, but a good coat of top coat will make it nice and smooth. 



Def Defying - I'm not quite sure what to think of this one yet. I was really excited for it, but application wasn't that great. I had to dig around for the glitters and ever then it was kinda annoying to put on. That being said, I do like the different sizes and shapes of the black and white glitters. This is in a sheer polish, so you can layer it over anything, here I have it over Water You Waiting For

All things considered I do like the look of it, just not sure if I like it enough to wear it that often. I'm half contemplating maybe adding more glitter to it and making it a sort of Fraken polish, but I haven't made up my mind yet. But it's pretty cool if you don't mind the hassle of putting it on. Again, this is 1 coat each, except for my ring finger, which is 2.



Running In Circles -  You guys! You have no idea how excited this colour made me!! It's no surprise by now that I have a thing for greens, and this one is just amaziiiiiing!! The hue of it is possibly my favourite tone of green ever and the sparkle too it!! 

I'm seriously in love. It's a beautiful green, super easy application, this was only 2 coats. It's a super fine glitter and depending on the light you just get this incredible shine to it. Nothing more to be said, I needed this in my life and now it's better because of it.



Get Carried Away -  Last but not least, I had high expectation for this one. Mostly from the promo picture of it, I thought it was going to be a lot different than what it really ended up being. It's really just  red and silver hexagonal shaped glitters with some fine silver and black ones. All of this on a sheer black base. 

Here I have it layered over Running In Circles, because I thought the base was a lot more transparent that what it actually was. I imagine it would look better layered over a black base. That being said, application was easier than Def Defying, but not as smooth as It's A Trap-Eze. All in all I think it's...okay. Not in love with it, but maybe I haven't found the right combination for it yet. 


Here's a picture of all of them. All in all though, I'm quite satisfied with this collection, I've seen some pretty awesome swatches from the other colours and they're pretty cool. I definetely reccomend Water You Waiting For and Running In Circles though!! I ordered mine from Head2ToeBeauty, they have really cheap prices and the shipping isn't half bad!!

Stay tuned for the next post, there's an awesome - if I do say so myself - Cirque inspired nail design coming up featuring some of these polishes!! =D






1 comment:

  1. I want want want Water You Waiting For and Running In Circles. I have looked all over for these and they're not out in the usual places so I guess I will have to order them online :)

    ReplyDelete