Wednesday, September 10, 2014

31DC2014: Metallic Studs

Metallic!! Now, I'll be honest, this was the first time in the challenge where I had to stop and think to myself what exactly that meant. I mean, all the other themes seemed so much more simple than this one. Metallic? Damn, I knew I should have bought OPI's Push & Shove when I had the chance! 

So I did what I always do when I'm stuck, I looked at other blogger's past designs for inspiration. I came across this one by Paulina's Passions that she did for 31DC2013 and I liked how it turned out so I went off of that! 



The base is a beautiful shimmery gray by Orly called Royal Velvet that was part of my giveaway prize. It goes on so smoothly, I used 2 coats, but 1 could have been good if thick enough. The gold is Holy Grail by A-England and the striping tape and golden studs are all from BornPretty Store.




The usual, topped it all off with Revlon's Quick Dry. I absolutely LOVE how this came out, mostly due probably to how beautiful Royal Velvet is. I even did my left hand with it because that's how much I liked the color, haha!!

See you tomorrow for the last day of catching up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment