Friday, February 19, 2016

Red & Gold Studded Life

Hello, hello! Today's nail art is inspired by this design from Kara of kbkopija. I have a folder called "Nail Inspiration" of styles that I think are really cool and that I want to try out. This is really helpful when I want to do something to my nails, but just don't have any inspiration. 



Polishes Used:

Basecoat: Sally Hansen - Miracle Cure 

Red: Risqué - Maçã do Amor
Gold: Sally Hansen - Go For Gold
Studs & Stars: From BornPretty Store & E-bay

Topcoat: Revlon's Quick Dry


Now Kara has one method of doing this on her instagram, which us by using painter's tape as a layout. I decided to try something new since I've recently got an Uber Mat!! Future post about it coming soon.

I tried my hand at my own decal, by painting with the gold polish onto it, waiting for it to dry and then cutting it up and placing it on the nail. I really liked this method, it's easy, gives you crisp lines and doesn't take any cleanup time!


I then added the studs and stars with topcoat and added another glossy shiny layer on top and voilá!
I absolutely LOVE  how this came out. Easy to do, red and gold pair beautifully together and I've gotten compliments on it already!



If you try it out, please let me know, until then, make sure to check out my Instagram - Polishing It Up! where I post some #TBT and tutorials every once in a while.

See you guys soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment