Thursday, November 21, 2013

Hunger Games: Catching Fire!!

May the odds....Be EVER in your favour!! 

Today is the day I've been waiting for since September when I first bought my movie ticket. Yes, that's exactly how obsessed I am with this series, and tonight I'm going to see the 'midnight' premier of Catching Fire. Of course I couldn't let this moment pass without some commemorative nail art!



For the thumb and ring finger I started off with one coat of L.A Colors Moody Red and one coat of L.A Colors Magnetic Force over that. It ended up being this odd orangey color, which resembled the cover of Catching Fire pretty well.
I then attempted to draw a Mockinjay and let me tell you, it took waaaaaay too long, but I really like the end result. I used mostly acrylic for it, except for the gold which was L.A Color Seashell.


For my thumbs I started off with a base of L.A Color Moody Red then I added Magnetic Force, Seashell and Zoya's Pippa in a gradient effect. I mostly just dabbed it onto a sponge and went from there. I wrote the title in black acrylic paint and a very thin brush.


The glitter nails have a base of Sinful Colours Secret Admirer (which we've already established is my go-to sparkly black) and then on top of that I added 2-3 coats of Pumpkin Spice, also of Sinful Colours. I love the glitters, they're mostly different sized red and gold. Topped it all off with a couple good coats of Revlon Quick Dry.


And one last shot because I got my Mockingjay Pin in the mail and I'm so excited about it. I love using movies as inspiration for nails, I have a lot of fun with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment