Sunday, November 17, 2013

Green Plaid: Featuring Studs!!

Don't you just love it when you come across a design that just sparks your ideas and the you get around to doing it and it turns out just as awesome as you've envisioned it? That's what I'm having with today's nail art.



I started off painting my nails with A-England's Dragon, I hadn't used A-England polishes in a while and I forgot how amazing and flawless they were. Then, I stumbled upon this amazing post by The Polished Elegance that feature the plaid pattern. I knew I had to try it.


I started painting my thumb and ring finger white with Sally Hansen's White-Out, waited for that to try (hurried it along with Revlon's Quick Dry), then I attempted 2 different wait to do the pattern.

My thumb I tried to free-hand the green squares, and though I managed it I wasn't as satisfied, so I tried tape for my ring finger. The results were much crisper lines. I then added in the gold detail with a striping brush using A-England Holy Grail (Old).


For the other fingers, I decided to add in some gold and silver studs that I got from BornPretty Store so as not to leave them so plain. Topped it all off with 2 coats of Revlon's Quick Dry topcoat for the nice shiny finish.


I'm very proud of how this came out and am determined to try out more plaid designs in the future, maybe with Christmas coming up, it's very holidayish, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment