Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Saint Paddy Day's Flocking Nails!

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!! 

Okay, okay, I know I'm a little late on posting this, but I was super busy on the actual day and after...Well, let's just say it was a really good St. Paddy's day. ;)

But anyways, I wanted to share with you guys what I did for my nails. I've recently gotten a pack of 12 different colours of flocking powder and I've been trying really hard to come up with creative ways to use them! 

 


So I gave you my take on this theme's nail art! Now, by now it should be no news that I LOVE GREEN, which was confirmed by me later as I spent waaaaay to much time picking out the perfect shade of green. I ended up going with Holly by Zoya for my base, which is the most amazing green ever (Really. I'm so in love with it, it's ridiculous) and Defying Gravity by China Glaze for my accent nail. 


After that, I used clear nail polish to do french tips and applied the flocking powder to that. Same for the shamrock accent nail, only I used a dotting tool to try and make the outline of it. It's actually a lot harder to draw in "invisible" than I thought, but I think it came out alright! 


I bought my flocking powder off of Ebay for around $2.50 (I don't really remember, but there are a bunch of them out there!). I'll be doing an actual review of them later on, but if you want to spice up a normal manicure, they're certainly the way to go!

Hope you all had a great weekend, wether you celebrated St. Paddy's or not. I promise I won't take so long in updating this thing anymore!! Slainte!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment