Wednesday, October 1, 2014

31DC2014: Animal Print

Day 13 was Animal Print, and this mani I actually managed to do before I took my little hiatus - I don't know why I forgot to post it, D'oh! But here's one of my favourite mani that I did on a last minute whim. I knew I didn't want to do your typical safari animal print, so I tried to remember interesting prints that I had seen. On my trip to Montreal I went to the zoo and there's this frog picture that the boyfriend took that I really enjoyed! 


It was surprisingly simple to do, because I knew the perfect method to achieve the spotted look: spray water marbling! It was my first time trying it out and I had to fight a bit to find the perfect spray, but eventually I found one that gave me exactly what I wanted et voilá!! The black base is 2 coats of NYC Black Creme Lace and the beautiful blue is China Glaze's Blue Bells Ringing. 



I tried to do the frog face on my ring finger with some acrylic paint, I think it came out alright! Topped it all off with Seche Vite. And above is the picture that inspired me. 




Loved the method, love how it came out, all in all I was VERY pleased with how Day 13 of the challenge went. Up next is Florals!!

No comments:

Post a Comment