I've been on this crazy Minions (from Despicable Me) kick lately, I think they're the most adorable thing in the world, so when I was playing around with googly eyes, inspiration struck and I just knew it was time to give it a go!!
This had a couple of different polishes, so I'll try to break it down easily;
1. Start off with your favourite base coat (mine's OPI Nail Envy).
2. Then I added 2 coats of Zoya's Pippa for the yellow.
3. Once the yellow was mostly dry I added the jeans with none other
than Color Show's Styled Out, which is a great polish that's
supposed to mimic jeans texture as you can see here.
4. With a striping brush I outlined the overalls and added the glasses band using
(what has become my go-to black) NYC Black Creme Lace.
5. Now comes the fun part, I dabbed some clear nail polish where I wanted the eyes
to be and then with the help of some tweezers added the googly eyes.
6. I let them dry a bit, and once the eyes were in place, I alternated between a
striping brush and a dotting tool to make the different mouths.
The pink is Zoya's Shelby and the white is BK Matte White.
7. For my thumb, it took a few tries to get it centered, but I added in the black
with a striping brush to make the Gru Logo.
8. Top it off with a few good coats of Revlon's Quick Dry to hold everything in!
Although I noticed that there were some air bubbles because usually I put topcoat over studs/rhinestones/etc to hold them down, but since these googly eyes were so tall, I gave up on that. The googly eyes gave the Minions a fun comical look and stayed in place quite well for the amount of time I wore them - despite my taking a lot of restraint to not keep picking at them.
But I just love, love, LOVE how it came out. All my classmates kept commenting on it, even the simple Gru Logo!
And here's a picture of my nails with my latest iPhone game obsession - Minion Rush!